Monday, March 10, 2014

Yay! Beat the rain!

Ok, I know I said in my last post that I wasn't going to spend any more money this month on the Bungalow...that I was going to finish the projects for which I already had the materials.  Well, I lied. This morning I purchased some shingles for the porch roof.  I figured I could handle spending $30 to have it finished.  Only needed one pack of shingles and I got white instead of the dark gray from the shed, of which I didn't have enough.  All roof surfaces are now covered! Whew. And two hours later it is still not raining, yet.

The finished porch roof! 

After finishing the shingles, I also sealed the window and the bottom edge of the siding which sits on a drip edge.  Used lots of sealing-type junk today.  Unfortunately that hasn't kept the spiders at bay. I stood up at one point to go down to get another pile of shingles, and a very large brown spider took off running down the white drip edge. I was so shocked that I didn't even have time to think about squashing or stepping on, but then I realized I have a very large brown spider living in Ticklebelly Bungalow.  Hmmmm.

The rain came and so did this amazing rainbow! I just happened to look out at just the right moment. I got Mom to the back door to see it and within a couple of minutes it had disappeared. Only wish I had a wide enough lens to catch the whole thing at once. 

No comments:

Post a Comment