Thursday, August 18, 2016

Pergola 2.0

So here we go again. 

I had to cut one of the uprights because it had a big hole and crack down the middle, then I cut one other corner to match. So these two are now 6 1/2 feet tall, while the other two are 8 feet. 

I put it back together much the same as the first go round. 
This version is slanted toward the west. 

Nellie hard at work just like before. 

And the frame is finished. This is the view from the house. 

One added feature is the fence t-posts that now anchor the uprights. Yes, I painted them brown so they would blend in a little. 

I also separated the panels of the cover, so the wind can't have quite as much lift. Then the cover is attached by grommets to screws. I wanted to use screw hooks, but didn't want to spend the money. I'll get some for next summer season. 

Grommets are kind of fun. Well, except for the hole I put in the mat at the bottom of the stairs outside. 

Next I'm putting the solar light strings from the porch onto the pergola. Got one string up so far. I'll save those pics for another post. 

So there you have it. Pergola 2.0!

No comments:

Post a Comment