Saturday, July 19, 2014

Bathroom and starboard kitchen paint

I have to confess that the things coming to the top of the to-do list aren't very logical lately -- namely painting half of the kitchen and 75% of the bathroom. But here is the progress and I'm really liking it.

All taped and ready to start bright and early in the morning.

After the first coat and I wasn't sure that I liked it very much.  I got a little nervous, but...

After the second coat, which I put on too thin, I put on a third coat and liked it a lot better.

Starboard side of the bathroom.

Port side of the bathroom.

And here with the cabinets and fridge back in place, I'm liking it a lot more.  I got out the tile that I'll be using as a backsplash on the other side and accent on this side and I'm REALLY excited about that.  I'm waiting to put up the tile because I want to do that all at once.  We'll see how long my resolve about that lasts though.  I'm doing my best, once again, to finish items for which I have all the materials. I don't have the stuff to finish the tile and I still haven't done anything about the propane plumbing.  Can't finish the other wall until the propane plumbing is finished. But I'm saving all my money for a trip to Italy that I've been planning for a year and a half.  Some unexpected Jeep repairs and a surprise new crown (for my tooth, not for my head) set me back a bit.  Anyway, really excited about my Italy trip AND quite excited about the kitchen as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment