Monday, September 21, 2015

A choice is made!

The choice is (drumroll please) to stay the winter (and maybe longer) in St. George, UT.  After going back and reading through my journal entries and blog posts from the past 7 weeks...yes, Nellie and I have been on the road for 7 weeks...I realized that I actually did get that "home" feeling when we turned north after going through Colorado, New Mexico, and Arizona.  But since I was expecting that "home" feeling to come while we were driving down the west coast, I didn't recognize it.  I figured that feeling was just a happy-to-be-back-on-familiar-ground feeling.  
So, I've made some calls today to find out about campground hosting positions and a couple of RV parks that allow longer stays (one even has a tiny house already staying).  We are headed that direction tomorrow to check out the area a bit more and to look at some spaces for staying.  If any of you have a place that I could park the tiny house and live in it in the St. George area, please get in touch with me.  I'm continuing to look for a piece of property to purchase, so we'll just see what comes up.  I know Nellie is ready to not get back in the Jeep, except for short rides.  :)  Once we have something set up in the next couple of days, we'll return to Ogden and retrieve Ticklebelly Bungalow and head south for the winter.

I've really been enjoying the fall colors so far.  I must admit that i feel like autumn happened over night.  Just a week ago we were in Ashland where it was 102 degrees, now it is getting quite chilly at night and Nellie needs her coat in the morning so she doesn't get the shivers.

PS.  This isn't Nellie's coat, it is mine, but I didn't have hers that morning.  Luckily, I put her coat where I knew I could find it in the Bungalow so it was easy to retrieve.  Now she looks much more dignified in her very own dog coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment