Saturday, November 2, 2013

Gable ends and so does daylight savings

So...tomorrow it is supposed to snow.  The goal has been to have the house dried in before it snows.  Well, not going to make it.  I did get the gable ends in today, although they aren't quite finished, just need a little more support added.  Then I began measuring the ridge pole that I bought this morning.  I had a feeling I should have cut it this afternoon which would have meant measuring it.  It was a 16 footer not a 20 footer!  I'm positive I got it from the 20' rack.  But I admit it did seem a bit short when I put it in the Jeep.  The Jeep is 13' and it didn't seem to stick out far enough in the back.


Anyway, the gable ends really taxed my brain and my patience, but they are now sitting on the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment