Sunday, August 31, 2014

Odds and ends

Odds and ends is quite appropriate for this post because nothing I accomplished this week seems related.  Oh well...

Remember last post I said I was going to have a little marshmallow roast? Well, here it is, fire and moon.  And the marshmallows were roasted to perfection.

So here is project #1.  Fixed the stairs so they don't wobble anymore.  I attached them to the house and put a temporary foundation-ish under them.

Next was that big clean-up I mentioned last week.  Amazing the porch is actually visible!

Next, I attached the weather stripping to the doorjamb. Exciting pic, I know.

And last, but not least I put the trim up on the sleeping loft - a 1x4 with braided rope underneath.  I got the rope idea from a Mexican restaurant in Springdale, UT, just outside of Zion National Park.  Good food too.

Wider view of the trim.

No comments:

Post a Comment