Sunday, March 2, 2014

The DOOR! part 2

Another gorgeous day, with some big fluffy white clouds hanging around.  Mom sat outside while I moved some of the laminate floor from my bedroom, where it has been living, out to the loft.  I figure that maybe this week I can finish up the lofts while waiting for the door hinges.  The dog door, speakeasy, and latch arrived.  I had only planned to move the laminate, but the door bewitched me and I had to finish it. So I finished attaching the t&g to the inside side of the door and framed the doorway.  Then I realized that I need a threshold before I can really size the door properly. So another thing to look for and learn about.  A little bit of progress, but I'm super happy about how things are going.  With all the rain we've had (and continues to be in the forecast), I'm feeling like the job for tomorrow will be ensuring that the wheelwells are insulated and sealed.  Some water got into the port side with the rain we had this last week.  Luckily it didn't get into the insulation in the floor. So that moved to the top of the list for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment