Saturday, October 26, 2013

Houston, we have WINDOWS!

After a week and a half of working on my school project, I figured I'd better get back to Ticklebelly Bungalow.  I really missed working on it, but all of my assignments for school are now complete.  The only thing I have left is my research and the write-up and then...GRADUATION! in December.  I'm so relieved that is almost finished, especially the most frustrating part of organizing it all.  WHEW!

So today I decided to switch my plan a little bit.  I was going to work on the roof, but then I realized that I don't want the rafters up until my siding is on...the siding can't go on until the windows are in and the window openings need to be flashed before the windows can be installed.  Got out the window flashing and went to work.  I got my three big windows installed this afternoon and I'm feeling like the big box of housewrap is beginning to actually look like something other than a giant Tyvek-wrapped way-too-early Christmas present.  When I purchased my windows, I accidently bought a couple of replacement windows instead of new construction.  So my 3x3 windows are new construction...those are the ones I put in today.  The 2x3 windows are the replacement windows, so those will go in after the siding is on.  Tomorrow the plan is one more coat of paint for the siding.  If I have the energy I might try to get a couple of pieces up - that is if I get going early enough.

So here is today's progress...

One window  :)

Two windows :)  :)

Three windows :)  :)  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment