Monday, October 7, 2013

In denial...just a little bit

Today as I was finishing up, I realized that I am actually building my house.  It seemed a bit surreal and I needed to pinch myself to make sure I was awake and really using my drill driver to build walls.  I've got the walls framed except for over the wheel wells and the rear wall where the door will go.  Still need to make a firm plan about the door so I can frame that side properly.  All of the walls are lying flat on the trailer currently because I want to have the loft joists and the rafters all cut before I put too much upright.  It is just easier to cover up in case of rain.  Supposed to rain again this week on Thursday.  Just debating how much I want to try to finish and if I want to try standing anything up before then...might need another tarp or a large sheet of plastic to cover it all up.  I'm just feeling like if I get my rafters up, or at least some of them it would be easier to keep the rain from pooling and getting in.

No pics today, although as I was just thinking about it, the pile of walls on the trailer might make an interesting picture.  I'll have to see what I can do tomorrow about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment