Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Picking up the trailer tomorrow

The day is almost here!  One more sleep and I will be picking up my custom trailer from Big Bubba's Trailers in Ogden, UT.  It will be licensed and ready to go when I pick it up.  I'll post pictures as soon as I get it home!  Now the dilemma...do I park it behind the driveway where it can be seen from the street while I build, or do I park it parallel to the house where it can't be seen from the street, but will block the lovely mountain view?  Dilemma, dilemma...I've got about 15 hours to decide and most of those I'm hoping to actually be asleep.  I also purchased almost all of the remaining materials I need to dry it in.  Just need the roof ridge cap, 5 windows (3 big, 2 small), housewrap, and materials to make the door (T&G 2x6's).  I've got everything else I need.  I'm sure I'll end up buying more lumber, but after picking up the trailer I'm headed straight to pick up most of the materials.  I'm in a little bit of shock that it is actually happening, and I'm so amazingly excited that I don't know how I'm going to concentrate on anything else for a while...like my Master's degree project that I'll be finishing this semester so I can graduate in December.  Whoa!

PS. The two windows I ordered online arrived yesterday.  My cute UPS man actually remembered the last thing he delivered here.  I was impressed.  Too bad he is about 25 years old. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment