Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A bit of overwhelm

I was a little bit overwhelmed today as I finished up on the roof.  I got a little emotional putting up the first panel yesterday.  I had been waiting so long to do this part of the house, and I didn't think I'd be doing it now, so I was taken by surprise by the rebellious tarp on Sunday.  The roof seems to be the finishing piece of the outside of the house. There is still trim to be done and two windows to be installed, but the structural pieces are all in place now. My house is really a house.  I realized that I will live there sometime soon and I look forward to the day I can move in.  There is a lot of work to be done still, but I'm so pleased with how much has been accomplished.  I got a little overwhelmed the other day while working on the electrical and I had a thought, "who am I to think that I could build a house...what am I doing?" But then I remembered back to a bare trailer sitting in my backyard, and realized just how far I've come and all the things I've learned.  I am so grateful for the opportunity to build this house.  My tiny Ticklebelly Bungalow.   

No comments:

Post a Comment