Thursday, January 16, 2014

More trim...

Another beautiful sunny day, so I decided to work on the trim again, as well as a couple of cosmetic things.  The first thing was to cut off the bottom 8 inches of siding from one piece that I didn't cut before putting it up.  Don't remember why I did that, but now the bottom line of siding is even all around.  Then the house wrap that was hanging down on the starboard side was quite ugly, so I trimmed that off and now it is taking on a more finished look.  I hadn't trimmed it before because the panels of siding were leaning there, but now the panels of siding aren't leaning there any longer.

Next I put up the trim on the porch side corners...

And then finished up with the window trim on one window.  I underestimated how much trim I would need, so unless I want to do a bunch of piecing together I'll have to go get some more trim.  I'm actually thinking about getting narrower trim for the smaller windows in the gables.  I don't know I'll have to think about it and maybe sketch it out to see if I like it.  I really like the look of the bottom corners of the trim.  I hadn't planned to do it that way, but I like the way it turned out...adds a little character.

No comments:

Post a Comment